This villa is located in the gentle countryside of Maremma (Southern Tuscany). From a vantage point high up on the hills, it overlooks one of the most beautiful stretches of the Maremma coastline. The big garden with pool and jacuzzi make a terrace overlooking the countryside.
The estate consists of the 18th century villa a few restored and refurbished apartments, the manor house and some old barns (150 sqm each).
This property with its beauty and total private setting is the ideal place for family reunions and small weddings (between 20 and 50 guests max) especially in the summer due to its vicinity to the Tyrrenian Sea. Daily trips to the beautiful islands of Pianosa and Capraia are highly reccommended.
The estate is particularly private, located down a dirt track on an isolated hilltop. The estate consists of the owner’s house, the main villa building which offers 7 bedrooms and below it two outhouses, in which there are 2 further rooms.
The building restoration has been carried out to a very high standard respecting the original building materials and architecture of the farmhouse. There is an outdoors loggia outside the salon and kitchen for dining in warm weather, and above it a sun terrace reached by external stairs, which can be used for dining.
On the ground floor there is a long salon with seating, television and DVD at one end, and dining table at the other. There is a small downstairs washroom off the salon, and the kitchen. The kitchen is equipped to a highly professional standard with a central stainless steel island, which can easily accommodate eight persons for cooking lessons and pasta making.
Upstairs there are 5 bedrooms. Four bedrooms are accessed from a steep flight of old stone stairs. While a pretty feature, they are not to be recommended for children or the infirm. Automatic movement sensors automatically switch on the lights in the hallway – a nice feature – on leaving the rooms.
The fifth bedroom upstairs is the honeymoon suite, which is accessed from the sun terrace, is the largest and has an en suite bathroom with jacuzzi tub. This is the best appointed of all the rooms and private, because of its independent external access.
There are a further 2 bedrooms at ground floor level, both of which have independent access from the garden. Just below the main villa building are a further 2 adjoining bedrooms with independent access, designed as independent apartments with kitchenette.
All the bedrooms have en suite bathrooms equipped with modern shower, basin, wc and bidet. All but one of the bathrooms has an external wall, window and hence natural lighting and ventilation. The bathrooms are all have large mirror over the basin, good lighting, hairdryer and cabinet for keeping make up.
The bedrooms are all double bedded, apart from one bedroom which has twin beds, which can be zipped together to form a double. The mattresses are high quality lattice and anti-allergenic. Choices of hard or soft pillows are provided in each room. Massimo’s mother owns a haberdashery and has supplied all the fabrics and towels, many of which are handmade. The bedrooms are mainly brightly decorated in summery tones, such as yellow and pinks and decorated with furnishings typical of Tuscany’s arte povera. All are equipped with a wardrobe for hanging clothes, mirror and most rooms also have a chest of draws, chair and writing table. Points for laptops are provided in each room, and internet access for those bringing a computer.
- Trekking by foot, on horse or mountain biking – an extensive trail of paths is easily accessible from the villa through the extensive natural park in which the villa is located. The area is also popular with cyclists because of the clean air.
- Super Tuscan wines – just over 6km away are some of Italy’s most famous wine makers. A visit to the town of Bolgheri, and a fascinating tour can be arranged to find out more about Sassicaia and the other Super Tuscan wines made here. The villa lies on the wine route between Bolgheri and the Val di Cornia.
- The Island of Elba – just over 30 minutes away regular ferries leave the port of Piombino for the lovely island of Elba, an easy day trip from the villa. For an extra special day, a private boat can be arranged, or a yacht hired if you are a keen sailor.
- Gambero Rosso – one of Italy’s best restaurants is located close by in the seaside resort of San Vicenzo. But if you do not want to pay Gambero Rosso prices, you will find other excellent restaurants serving both sea food and traidtional Tuscan meat dishes.
- Beaches – the Tuscan coastline below Sassetta boasts sandy beaches, such as that at Baratta which sits in a protected cove.
- Cultural attractions – close by it is possible to visit the Etruscan remains below Alta Populonia, and several of the pretty hill top towns such as Suvereto. Within an hour you can reach the lovely hill top towns of Volterra and San Gimignano. Day trips can also be made to Siena, Pisa and of course Florence.
What is included:
Welcome Dinner, Electricity, Gas, Water, Airconditoning & Heating, Maide service 4 hours per day (except Sunday), House linen,Garden and Swimming pool maintenance, Beach towels 24 hours satellite internet(LAN and Wi-Fi)Sat Tv+SkY TV Basic+Sport+Cinema)
Extra maid service
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner served on request