The Chateau, built in 1555 for Diane de Poitiers (Henry II's mistress), is situated in the heart of the famous Côtes du Rhône wine region.
It has now been beautifully restored as a small, luxury, designer hotel and restaurant, with 23 acres of park and gardens, it is the perfect base for discovering Provence or simply relaxing and enjoying the "Joie de vivre".
Our resident wedding planner will help you with all the necessary arrangements for your big day.
Interior and grounds
The chateau has 13 bedrooms (all with private bathrooms) that are all individually designed and decorated by Babylon design Ltd. Original features are combined with the highest quality modern furniture, antiques and specially designed products such as huge limestone sinks. Many of the bathrooms offer a separate bath and shower. Air conditioning is available in all of the south facing rooms. The suites all have large terraces that open onto the courtyard. All of the bedrooms have stunning views and breakdown as follows:
- 2x double rooms, 2nd floor, 150cm bed, shower, AC, courtyard view.
- The standard room, 2nd floor, 160cm bed, shower, AC, courtyard view.
- 2x standard tower rooms, 1st or 2nd floor, 160cm bed, very large bathroom with separate shower and freestanding bath, park view.
- The large standard tower room, 2nd floor
180cm bed, very large bathroom with separate shower and freestanding bath, park view.
- 2x luxury rooms, 1st or 2nd floor
180cm bed, bath and shower, AC, chaise long or sofa, courtyard and park view.
- The ground floor luxury room, 180cm bed, separate bath and shower, second bed 90cm, garden view. Disabled access.
- The superior room, 1st floor, 180cm bed, separate bath and shower, sofa, AC, terrace, courtyard view.
- The Suite, 1st floor, AC, separate lounge, main bedroom 180cm bed, 2nd bedroom 90cm bed, view of the courtyard and pool, large bathroom with separate bath and shower and view of the lake, sofa, AC.
Breakfast is not included in the room rates and is charged at 16 € per person. The chateau comes fully staffed so you will not need to lift a finger during your stay.
- 24 acres of forest and parkland
- 14 metre outdoor pool
- A courtyard with a fountain
- A lake in the park
- Children and animals can run freely.
- Cocktails are usually organized in the park but dinner is held in the courtyard (up to 80 people for the dinner with the hire of a marquee).
Location and local information
Nearest airport: Nimes (50km), Marseille (80km), Montpellier (65km). Nearest town: Bollene (8km).
Avignon, Orange, Chateauneuf du Pape and its famous wine, Grignan. We are situated on the border of a number of departments and benefit from a number of cultural influences.
There are supermarkets in Bollene just 10 minutes drive away. The local market is within 5 minutes drive at Ste. Cecile les Vignes. There is also one 10 minutes away in Bollene and 15 minutes away in Orange.
On site the following actvities are possible: wine tastings, massages, and other sports on request. We highly recommend the 'Gourmet Drive'. You will be driven round in a luxury car meeting the local producers.
Catering and services
The restaurant at the chateau serves high quality international French cuisine and offers an extensive wine list selected by our sommelier.