The Chateau is a 17th Century Empire Chateau, a family friendly property of 5 acres with heated pool, pond and formal gardens. There is a formal dining room and salon, a french country kitchen and a library. A large informal living area for children comes with PlayStation, games and TV. The high style interior is by a renowned New York designer.
Nearby there are quiet villages with local bakeries, markets and shopping. It is just two miles to the A13 autoroute with easy access to Rouen, Bordeaux, Paris, casinos and beaches. The chateau has been fully restored with all modern conveniences while retaining its classical design sensibility.
The chateau has featured in US Elle Decor (cover property) and France's Maison Normandes (cover property) and comes with beautiful bed linen and fluffy towels.
There are many outdoor amenities including, a charcoal grill, gas grill, off-street parking, patio stone/concrete, garden, terrace, barbecue, garage, 24 garden chairs, 8 beach chairs and 4 bicycles.
Other amenities include: an activities guide, firewood, hair dryer, laundry soap, local activities guide, local maps, restaurant dining guide, shampoo, security system, telephone, central heating, linens and towels.
Boredom will never be an issue at Chateau de Jonquier with so many entertainment options to choose from. The property also comes equipped with a games console, video games, books, a games room, music library, toys, video library, DVDs and DVD player, stereo system and CDs.
Interior and grounds
The chateau is a self catering castle covering 8000 sq. ft. The interior is luxuriously furnished.
The kitchen comes fully equipped with a coffee maker, toaster, hob, microwave, 4 ring stove, iron and board, blender, coffee grinder, spices, stove top burners, grill, cooking utensils, dish washer, refrigerator, freezer, oven, washing machine and clothes dryer.
The living room provides comfy seating for 14 people and a fireplace. The dining room provides further seating for 8 people and a child's highchair.
The property has 3 bathrooms:
- Bathroom One: WC, Combination Tub/Shower.
- Bathroom Two: WC, Shower.
- Bathroom Three: WC, Shower.
Each floor has a bathroom.
There are 8 bedrooms to sleep 17 people:
- Bedroom One: LA Chambre Chinois - 1 queen, canopy.
- Bedroom Two: Study - 2 twin/single.
- Bedroom Three: La Chambre Rose - 2 twin/single.
- Bedroom Four: La Chambre Cigale - 1 queen.
- Bedroom Five: La Chambre Blanche et Noir - 1 queen.
- Bedroom Six: La Chambre Amande - 5 twin/single.
- Bedroom Seven: La Chambre Perle - 1 Queen.
- Bedroom Eight: Library Room - 1 double.
The property has a great family layout, 2 floors of bedrooms and bathrooms that are ideal to accomodate seperate families on each floor.
- Ground Floor: Library - 1 double bed.
- First Floor: La Chambre Chinois, La Chambre Rose and La Chambre Cigales.
- Second Floor: La Chambre Amande adjoins La Chambre Blanche et Noir. La Chambre Perle and Play Room.
All the bedrooms are extremely spacious and come with sofa's/sets of chairs and all have fabulous views of the surrounding landscape. Most bedrooms have 3-4 traditional french windows.
Location and local information
Conveniently located one hour from Paris via the A13. The chateau sits between historic Rouen and the luxurious beaches of Deauville.
Convenient to all Normandy attractions:
- D-Day Beaches
- Monet's gardens
- Champs de Bataille golf and chateau
- Mont St Michel
- Bayeux tapestry etc.
- Local french villages with daily markets
- Garden tours
- Farming countryside for quiet walks and biking, cafés and friendly locals.
- Near multiple Michelin recognized restaurants.
Catering and services
- Optional Housekeeping.
For all other services please enquire prior to booking.