Welcome to a world of history and modern delights. This is an 18thC Chateau equipped with 21stC pleasures! Designed for entertainment, the chateau is south facing with large windows giving each room a bright, warm and comfortable feel, overlooking the French gardens and pool area.
With 1000m2 of living space, 7+ reception rooms and 6 luxurious bedrooms, the chateau has been redecorated and furnished with period flair and taste. Chateau de Vezins is surrounded by over 7 acres of manicured private gardens with a heated swimming pool, 7 seater Jacuzzi, magnificent French gardens with fountains, Japanese gardens with pond, a C14th moat, barbecue and outdoor dining in the conservatory.
The chateau has atmospheric lighting both indoor and outdoor with a surround sound system that augments the romantic atmosphere. Enjoy champagne in the Jacuzzi after dinner!
The Chateau is set in the heart of a Loire Valley village making it the perfect base to explore the famous vineyards, chateaux and even the Atlantic beaches.
Interior and grounds
On the ground floor all 7 main reception rooms open out on to the surrounding gardens. The reception rooms include:
- The Grand Entry Hall has a double staircase and colonnades.
- The Baron's Grand Dining Hall with huge fireplace.
- Louis XVI gilded sitting room, perfect for afternoon tea (or champagne).
- Talleyrand's Office for those who need to stay in touch with the outside world (computer, wifi, copier & printer).
- Pool/Snooker room, perfect for a game and a cognac.
- Music Lounge, Napoleon style sitting room with gilded and painted wall decor and a baby grand piano.
- Winter Lounge with plasma TV, comfortable seating and ceiling to wall paintings.
- The kitchen has 2 pantry rooms and comes fully equipped with: microwave, 2x fridges, freezer, hob, grill/oven, washing and drying machines, dishwasher.
- The medieval library.
- The new cocktail room with fabulous whisky collection.
Upstairs the 6 main bedrooms sleep up to 11 adults and 3 infants. All the bedrooms are spacious and have brand new mattresses, bed linen and towels. Each has its own authentic decor and furniture.
- Marie-Antoinette with double king poster bed, en suite child bedroom, double bathroom and 2 walk-in wardrobes.
- Imperatrice Josephine with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Marquise de Pompadour with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Mme de Maintenon's with king-size 4-poster bed and en suite bathroom.
- Diane de Poitier with 2 single beds.
- Dauphine's with a single bed, a child bed and a cot. En suite with Marie-Antoinette’s bathroom.
Outside this stone castle is set within the ancestral Barony's grounds that comprise 7 acres of lush gardens surrounded by an ancient moat.
- 40ft heated pool with child area surrounded by palm trees.
- Pool terrace fitted with designer sofas and deck chairs.
- 7 seater Jacuzzi overlooking the pool and the chateau.
- Terrace by the dining room for aperitifs.
- Conservatory with outside dining table and Webber barbecue.
- Antique gazebo overlooking the French gardens.
- 14th Century moat and stone bridge
- French manicured gardens with water fountains, sculpted trees, roses and lavender bushes.
- Japanese exotic plant garden with Koi fish pond, bridge and sculpted marble bench.
- English park with magnolias, hortensias, rhododendrons and rare ancient trees.
- Fruit orchard.
- For the kids (and grown ups!) there is a tree house in the old hollow oak tree, swings, hammock and bicycles (x5).
- Remote control large entry gate.
Location and local information
The nearest airport is Nantes (60km). The nearest train is Chemille or Cholet (10km). The Loire Valley is well known for its impressive fortresses, beautiful palaces (over 5000 of them!) and vast vineyards. The closest include Brissac, Serrant, Angers, Saumur and Villandry. There are many beautiful medieval villages set in vineyards such as Breze/Anjou, Clisson/Muscadet all within 30 mins to 1 hours drive away.
Just 15mins away is a quality 18-hole golf club. 1.5hours in the car will take you to the beaches and small picturesque Brittany seaside fishing villages. The chateau itself is located in a small village with restaurant, bakery, post office, tennis court and other services. We are 15 minutes from main shops and a large shopping mall.
Catering and services
Upon request, we can provide a cook, maid, babysitter, chauffeur and recommend activities to do in the region (full list available in the Chateau).
Access to local wine cellar and whiskey bar is provided. We can also provide a full gourmet serviced week with quality French, international and Japanese chefs.