This is a manor house dating from 1725. It is a protected historical monument that has been respectfully restored into a delightful holiday home.
Amenities of the Manoir include a private pool, high speed internet access, wi-fi, a modern kitchen, home security system and housekeeping upon request. Utmost privacy is also ensured atManoir De Champigny as the main park is walled off.
Interior and grounds
The light and spacious rooms give for a relaxing feel, simply a lifetime away from the stresses and strains of day to day life. The rooms are all furnished with period antiques. There is also a huge kitchen and the living area comes equipped with a television, internet and wifi.
The delightful outdoor swimming pool is heated and surrounded by trees which have been standing for centuries. When in season guests are also welcome to eat from the fruit trees and vegetable patches.
Location and local information
The Manoir is in the historical town of Saumur bordering the Loire. With its imposing fortress, restaurants and historical center, Loire is only 7 minutes away. The Loire valley is called the valley of the Kings because of the great number of royal castles in the surrounding area.
The Manoir is in a lovely location, it is easily accessible by highway, and highspeed trains run to all major towns and museums, concert halls and beaches. There are also wonderful biking, walking, riding and hot air ballooning activities to take part in. The Loire is also very popular amongst wine lovers.
This property is walking distance from golfing, boating/sailing, fishing, horseback riding, biking, cultural/tourist attractions, galleries/museums, fine shopping and restaurants.
Catering and services
- Security deposit: $1000 USD. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Linen & towels: All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs: Included in the rental price.
- End of stay cleaning: Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Arrival time: 4pm onwards.
- Departure time: 10am.
- Pets: No pets allowed.
- Smoking: No smoking in the property.
- It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.