The 17th century Chateau is set in 34 acres of wonderful sunny terraces, gardens and woodland. The bedroom suites combine period furnishings with modern bathroom facilities whilst downstairs wonderful open fireplaces, TV & satellite, a fully equipped kitchen and a 15x10 metre swimming pool add to the enjoyment of your stay.
Every room has its own atmosphere and they have all been recently refurbished with new curtains and cushions combining beautifully with the original furniture of the chateau, the antique sleigh beds and lots of Persian rugs to create a real feeling of cosiness and charm.
All the rooms are centrally heated and very cosy in the winter..... and in the summer, very cool, as the walls of this ancient chateau are many feet thick and the windows open on both sides of the house enabling cooling breezes to blow right through the house. The owners live in an annexe apartment on site so are there to offer any help should you need it.
On the ground floor there is a wonderful dining room, with exposed beams and a stone fireplace. The kitchen seems to be a hub for the chateau guests, with all the mod cons. There is a large sitting room with fireplace, library, DVD and TV. There is also an elegant salon and playroom with a table tennis table and snooker table. There are two ground floor bedrooms, a double and a triple with adjoining WC.
On the first floor there are six bedrooms, sleeping 11 guests in 2 doubles, 3 twins and a triple. 5 of the bedrooms are very large and many of the single beds are sleigh beds which can comfortably sleep extra children. Each room has its own unique atmosphere and lovely view. They are all furnished with original furniture that has been in the house for generations. There is a large bathroom on the stair landing with a roll top bath and wooden floors and 2 further bathrooms, one en-suite to the master bedroom. All the bathrooms have modern showers and baths and there is plenty of hot water.
The Château is set in 32 acres of grounds in which one can soak up the sun and enjoy the sounds and sights of rural life. The grounds are made up of a large garden, the alarmed and fenced private swimming pool (15x7m), open fields, a stream and a small wood. There are spectacular views from every angles. At the rear of the chateau, there is a large grass terrace with refectory tables. Here you can enjoy meals in the shade of the tall trees.
- Large sitting room with comfortable sofas and chairs, a small library of books
- Large, wide screen TV with English channels and DVD player
- Fully equipped kitchen retaining all original features in addition to copper pots, cosy armchairs, antique cupboards and a grandfather clock!
- Dining room is very atmospheric and highly conducive to long dinner parties by candlelight! Seating up to 24 people
- Every bedroom has its own atmosphere and they have all been recently refurbished with new curtains and cushions and antique sleigh beds
- Two double bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms
- The rest of the bedrooms have shared bathroom facilities
- Excellent showers with plenty of hot water
- Play room with children's books, toys and games
- Table-football table, collapsible ping pong table and a snooker table
- The Chateau is set in 32 acres of gardens, fields, woods and open land
- Large grassy terrace at the back of the house where you can enjoy outdoor eating at long tables under shady trees
- 15x10 metre saltwater swimming pool for relaxing days in the French sunshine. Pool alarm and a fence for toddlers.
- Beautiful Rapunzel tower and a chapel with a confessional!
- Free parking