These three simply furnished stone and pastel-washed cottages are all about the sounds and colours of the sea. This is one of the most famously beautiful parts of Crete’s coast - the Gulf of Mirabello - the light and shades of blue changing with the hours of the day. It would be hard to be closer to the sea or in a more relaxing spot: each cottage has its own terrace for watching the sunrise or enjoying a glass of wine. There is also a large shared sunbathing terrace directly on the beach which is exclusive to the cottages.
The beach itself is a long and pretty curve of pebbles, with natural shade from tamarind trees. Just across the water lies the deserted island of Spinalonga with its poignant history and atmospheric ruins and from Plaka’s small harbour it is possible to join a boat to explore the island or hire one for pottering up and down the coast. Plaka also has shops and good tavernas serving fish and other Greek specialities.
Each cottage is perfect for a couple but, given their relative proximity, two or all three can easily be taken together for a larger group.
* 3 beach cottages (sleeps 2)
* Ground floor: open-plan bedroom/living/kitchen area with TV/DVD (Greek speaking channels), shower room, small kitchenette area with fridge, hob and oven
* Private sea view terrace
* Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, beach and bath towels provided
* Beachfront sunbathing terrace (shared) for exclusive use of the cottages, with access to beach and water sports
* Tavernas/mini-market (Plaka) 5min walk
* Agios Nikolaos 25min drive
* Heraklion airport 1hr 30min drive