The little road leaving Vathy on the eastern side passes a few fine neo-classical houses, narrows to follow the edge of the sea, along an avenue of trees, and eventually peters out by a small bay, a peaceful white pebble beach, and two villas, set back behind trees in their own large gardens. The two villas in this perfect position are Villas Loutsa and Alba. Ideal for families, each has its own swimming pool as well as being just a minute from the beach, and both have light, bright interiors. Comfortable outdoor furniture makes the most of wide terraces and bedrooms have air-conditioning.
A small cantina now nestles on the beach below whilst within easy walking distance are two family-run tavernas, specialising in fish, but offering a wide range of local dishes and appealingly situated right by the waterfront under the trees with a broad panorama of the bay of Vathy and a tiny sandy beach. Little fishing boats come and go, the water is clear enough to see myriad small fish, and on a bluff above the cove two old Venetian cannons still stand guard.
A further twenty minutes’ stroll brings you to Vathy with a good choice of cafes, restaurants and shops.
* 2 bedrooms (2-4 guests)
* Private swimming pool 5.5m x 3.5m (depth 0.5m - 1.6m)
* Ground floor: open-plan living/kitchen/dining room with TV/DVD (Greek channels only)
* Kitchen area includes hob, oven, fridge/freezer, mini-dishwasher, microwave, washing machine
* Double bedroom
* Twin bedroom
* Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, safety deposit box, pool and bath towels provided
* Shared driveway
* Since the main photograph was taken there is now a small cantina on the beach
* Loutsa beach 1min walk
* Tavernas 12min walk
* Supermarkets (Vathy) 5min drive