The Villa is undoubtedly impressive. It is built entirely of local stone to resemble the Greek fortified houses of the past era with its moat effect walkway, bridged patio and wide interior and exterior archways. Surrounded by private grounds of 4000 square meters including private olive groves, the villa has a traditional countrified setting.
The interior and exterior is designed and built by renowned local architect and builder. Special attention has been paid to every detail to create a unique retreat for our guests. The exquisite carpentry has been designed and hand-carved from solid oak by local craftsmen to suit the needs of Villa. The theme of the villa is an open rose which is particularly evident in the wood carvings, especially in the spacious master bedroom.
Every possible modern comfort is available at the Villa, a touch of old and a touch of new is highly evident throughout the villa giving it an aura of class and elegance. The Villa comfortably accommodates up to six guests.
On the ground floor:
* Open-plan sitting room and dining area leading to patio and pool terraces.
* Kitchen with dishwasher.
* Staircase to upper and lower floors.
On the first floor:
* Large master bedroom, en suite bathroom with shower, mezzanine level and sea facing private balcony.
* Twin bedroom with two single beds, en suite bathroom with shower.
On the lower floor:
* Twin Bedroom
* Large Living Room
* Separate entrance
* Utility room with washing machine
* Welcome pack on arrival.
* Sleeps 6 people.
* The Villa has an under floor cooling and heating system in all rooms.
* Linen and towelling is changed twice-weekly.
* All windows and doors have insect screens.
* Large screen TV/DVD & CD player, washing machine.
* Pergola covered outdoor kitchenette with large BBQ, traditional pizza oven, fridge and sink.
* 40 square meter sea-salt pool with extensive patio areas, sun loungers and umbrellas.
* Extensive Herb garden to allow guests to add a local zest to their cooking.
* Large Olive grove for quite relaxation and shade.
* Secure off-road parking.
Litsarda is a quaint traditional working village, which has a platea (square) and village church. Village Litsarda is located along a land ridge and is surrounded by several deserted (ghost) villages, which make good exploring either for hikers, horseback riders or cyclists.
The village is popular for its renowned pizza house, which draws customers from all over the area, and does cater for vegetarian dishes. There is also a small kafenion.
On the 15th August every year, the village community celebrates a 3-day religious festival of the Virgin Mary. Features of the festival include traditional Cretan music, dancing, and local culinary dishes.