Apokoronas, can be found in the north-east corner of the Chania prefecture, is on the northern coast of the island of Crete. It is situated between Hania and Rethymnon. Found in the shadow of the majestic White Mountains (Lefka Ori), Apokoronas can definitely be described as a natural location. This area is full of green regions, sandy beaches and breathtaking view.
The villa accommodates 2-6 people:
* About 120 m. fully equipped built-in kitchen with oven, ceramic cook-stoves, refrigerator, freezer, dish washer, coffee pot, toaster, small electric sweeper, pressure cooker and a whole line of well-known kitchen items and top quality dinner service .
* Dining room with a large table made of wood and hand-made chairs
* Sitting room with TV LCD, DVD-player, stereo, telephone, couch that can be changed in double bed, armchairs and luxurious bathroom
* Two bedrooms with double-bed, wardrobe, TV LCD and luxurious bathroom
* Internet access (speed 2 mbps)
* Veranda with sea view with umbrellas and deck chairs
* Balcony with table and chairs
* Internal courtyard
* minimal stay 2 overnight stays
* full breakfast each morning, included
The village of Macheri in the area of Apokoronas has 50 permanent residents and is considered to be one of the best preserved of the traditional villages of Crete.
It is classified by the Ministry of Culture as a typical Greek village of extraordinary natural beauty. Amphitheatrically built on the side of a mountain at an altitude of 160 m, between two gorges, it is one of the historical villages at the foot of the White Mountains (2.500m).
This village is especially beautiful because of the enormous perpendicular rock on its west side which holds the white chapel of Saint-John in a split in the rock as well as the rich vegetation that covers the surrounding hills.
On the east side of the village square there is a small stone theatre with the capacity for seating 500 people comfortably where cultural events take place each summer.
The village also has an entire fire safety program which includes fire hydrants every 70-100 meters on all of its streets.
An ideal starting point for hiking and for excursions:
The village of Maheri, although it has no big streets and it is completely divorced from tourist Crete, is easily accessible.
It is only 4 km from the national road that traverses the northern coast of the island, 23 km from the city of Chania 18 km from the harbour of Souda, 24 from the airport, 40 km from Rethymno,1 km from the road that leads to Sfakia and to southern coast of Crete and only 5,5 km from the closest beach and the village of Kalives where there are public services and shops.
It is also an ideal starting point for hiking and for excursions and for acquaintance with the rich fauna and flora of island and the innumerable historical and prehistoric monuments..