Kalidon stands on the hillside, seconds from the sea, and just a short walk from a white pebble beach. The gentle sounds of the water induce instant relaxation, perhaps most of all in the magnificent infinity pool, situated below the terrace and looking directly over the bay. The villa took its name from the atmospheric island fortress, now known as Spinalonga, which is part of the wonderful panorama in front of the villa.
A long terrace makes the very best of this incomparable position being right on the Gulf of Mirabello, famous for the extraordinary blues of its clear water. Windows run the entire length of the living area, leading straight out onto the terrace. The interiors combine antiques and Oriental furniture, mahogany wood floors and modern art.
At the rear of the house is a sheltered garden with mandarin, apricot and fig trees, fragrant flowers and a wooden pergola, a cool, peaceful haven with mountains soaring behind.
Within easy walking distance is Plaka’s small harbour with excellent fish tavernas along the waterfront and handful of small shops and shaded kafenions.
* 3 bedrooms (sleeps 2-6)
* Large open-plan living/kitchen/dining area with TV/DVD (some English speaking channels), internet, access to dining terrace
* Kitchen includes hob, oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
* Laundry room with washing machine
* Master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with separate shower cabin, walk-in wardrobe, TV, terrace access,
* Double bedroom with sea view
* Double bedroom with garden view, TV
* Shower room.
* Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
* Air-conditioned bedrooms
* Private swimming pool 10m x 5m (depth 1.5m) accessed down steps and has some sea water
* Due to some exposed drops, this villa is not suitable for those under 10 years old.
* The villa is set up a steep track.
* Beach (Plaka) 2min walk
* Tavernas/mini-market (Plaka) 5min walk
* Agios Nikolaos 20min drive
* Heraklion airport 1hr 30min drive