The Castle is an historic Norman Castle with a later wing, fairly recently modernised. Tranquil setting on 240 acre estate with ancient trees, and a working farm . It is approached by a magnificient avenue of copper birch trees. Some antique furniture, efficient oil fired central heating. Well equipped modern kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, range, etc. The rooms are large and elegantly proportioned with high ceilings and furnished unpretentiously and comfortably.
Accomodation & Facilities
· Central Heating
· Car Parking
· Bed Linen
· Cable TV and Video Recorder
· Hifi system
Bedrooms and Bathrooms:
The main residence of the Castle sleeps 16, with a total of 5 bedrooms:
· 3 rooms contain 1 double bed + 1 single bed
· 2 rooms contain 1 double bed + 2 single beds
· 3 cots to accommodate babies
· 3 rooms have en-suite bathrooms
· 2 rooms have private bathrooms
A separate dining room with a large table comfortably seats 16.
Each kitchen is equipped with a:
· Washing Machine/Dryer
The lounge seats 16. It is furnished to ensure that guests can soak up the traditional atmosphere of the castle, with a large fireplace. An open turf fire is always burning during the winter months, providing guests with a warm and cosy ambience.
Self catering accommodation is available in a separate annex. Features of the annex include
· 3 bedrooms
· 2 rooms contain 2 double beds
· 1 room contains 1 double bed + 2 single beds
· 1 room has an en-suite bathroom
· 1 private bathroom