There can be few houses which embody the spirit of historic Corfu as beautifully as Scops House. A substantial old stone house, with many original features, stands on a hillside among ancient olives groves in a magically peaceful position high above the sea.
Scops House has been imaginatively and sensitively restored by its British owners, one an artist. Its stone and wooden floors and high ceilings maintain its fine traditional style, but the interior now has a light and modern kitchen, comfortable furniture, including some antiques as well as pieces of modern art – creating a mood of light and peace. Outside, in informal gardens of flowers and herbs, a long pillared loggia is a marvellously cool place to while away the day, while on a lower level is a large swimming pool.
From Scops House stunning views pan out over silver-green slopes of olives and cypresses and across a wide bay to distant Corfu town. In this spot, where cicadas and swallows by day, and nightjars and Scops owls by night, are the only sounds to break the silence, it is hard to believe Nissaki is only a short drive away down the hillside.
• 4 bedrooms
• Lower ground floor: open plan living/dining area, kitchen with 4-ring gas hob plus 2 ceramic electric rings, washing machine, dishwasher, shower room
• Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
• Living area and kitchen both open on to large covered terrace with seating area and large dining table
• First floor: large master bedroom with en-suite shower room, 2 double bedrooms, 1 small twin bedroom, large shower room
• All bedrooms air-conditioned
• Swimming pool 10m x 5m (depth 1.2m – 2m)
• Gas barbecue
• Chef services available on request
• Due to low walls with some drops, this villa is not suitable for children under 5 years of age
Nissaki shop/bakery 5min drive
Beach 5min drive
Kaminaki tavernas/boat hire 8min drive
Corfu Airport 45min drive